Test for Sperm DNA Fragmentation
Sperm DNA Fragmentation is a rupture or damage of the DNA strands of the sperm.
The more such damages, the lower the degree of integrity of the genetic material and the less chance of pregnancy.
This test is recommended in the following cases:
- Idiopathic infertility (for an unidentified cause).
- After repeated unsuccessful IVF attempts.
- In the case of low embryo quality.
- For patients with miscarriage.
- Varicose veins of spermatic cord.
- Men over 45 years old.
- Frozen sperm (to ensure that the frozen sample has an acceptable level of fragmentation).
- Increased body temperature in the last 3 months.