What is “female infertility”?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO,1986) and other leading professional associations and international organizations (ESHRE, ASRM) a couple is consider to be infertile if:
- the couple con not conceive a child during a year, without using any contraceptives, and the woman is under the age of 34;
- by the above-mentioned time, if there are the factors that reduce fertile ability .
Main causes of female infertility:
- Ovulation disorders (endocrine infertility) – 35-40%;
- Tubal-peritoneal factor 20-30%;
- Gynecological diseases 15-25%;
- Immunological causes 2%.
Factors that can influence on female fertility
- Age factor;
- Psychogenic factors of infertility: conflict situations in the family, at work, lack of satisfaction from sexual intercourse, and persistent desire to have a baby, or vice versa, a fear of pregnancy may cause ovulation impairment imitating endocrine infertility.
- Phisical activities and lifestyles also play an important role in women’s reproductive health.
- The weight of a woman can affect her ability to conceive a child.
Among the causes of female infertility, the endocrine infertility is in the first place. Often such disorders occur as a result of improper functioning of the hormones responsible for the egg cell development.
Statistics tell us that more and more families are suffering from infertility, so prevention of infertility should be a priority.
Female infertility treatment in the Clinic of Professor Stefan Khmil
What method of treatment will be suitable for your family – this question can be solved by the specialists of the Clinic of Professor Stefan Khmil. At our disposal there is the achievement of international reproductive medicine, which will surely help you hear the most important word in the life of every woman – “Mom”.